Coronavirus (COVID-19) is an emerging challenge across the world for employers. We’ve gathered some materials to help you stay on top of employee concerns. Check here frequently for updates.
In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued:
- Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease, which provides recommended workplace strategies for employers and guidance on how to decrease COVID-19 spread, information on how to respond to outbreaks, and additional resources; and
- Public Health Response to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 Outbreak, which provides a chronological timeline and summary of the virus, cases reported in the United States, and the agency’s public health response to the illness.
The CDC has also created the following posters for download:
- What you need to know (English, Spanish, Chinese)
- What to do if you are sick (English, Spanish, Chinese)
- Stop the spread of germs (English, Spanish, Chinese)
- Symptoms of coronavirus (English, Spanish)
The U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has created a COVID-19 website for workers and employers that addresses the disease and provides guidance and other resources for preventing exposure to and infection with the virus.
Topics covered include:
- Hazard Recognition
- Medical Information
- Control and Prevention
- Additional Resources
While not specifically related to COVID-19, the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) has previously issued guidance entitled Pandemic Preparedness in the Workplace and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
In response to COVID-19, the Office of Civil Rights for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) issued a bulletin regarding HIPAA Privacy and COVID-19.